Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR) India is a premier national R&D organization. Human Resource Development Group (HRDG), a division of CSIR offers various grants, fellowship schemes etc. CSIR hold the Joint CSIR-UGC Test twice in a year, in the month of June and December Tentatively for determining the eligibility of the Indian National candidates for the award of Junior Research Fellowships (JRF) NET and for determining eligibility for appointment of Lecturers (NET) in certain subject areas falling under the faculty of Science & Technology. The award of Junior Research Fellowship (NET) to the successful eligible candidates depends on their finding admission/placement in a university/ national laboratory/ institution of higher learning and research, as applicable.
- M. Sc or equivalent degree/ Integrated BS-MS/BS-4 years/BE/BTech/ BPharma/ MBBS with at least 55% marks for general and OBC-Non Creamy layer candidates and 50% for SC/ST, Persons with disability (PwD) candidates.
- Candidates enrolled for M.Sc or having completed 10+2+3 years of the above qualifying examination are also eligible to apply in the above subject under the Result Awaited (RA) category on the condition that they complete the qualifying degree with requisite percentage of marks within the validity period of two years to avail the fellowship from the effective date of award.
- BSc (Hons) or equivalent degree holders or students enrolled in Integrated MS-PhD program with at least 55% marks for general and OBC (Non Creamy layer) candidates; 50% marks for SC/ST, Persons with disability (PwD) candidates are also eligible to apply.
- Candidates with bachelor's degree will be eligible for CSIR fellowship only after getting registered/enrolled for PhD/Integrated PhD program within the validity period of two years.
- The eligibility for lectureship of NET qualified candidates will be subject to fulfilling the criteria laid down by UGC.
- PhD degree holders who have passed Master's degree prior to 19th September 1991, with at least 50% marks are eligible to apply for Lectureship only.
Exam Date: June and December every year
Results: March and September
Click here to get more information about NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY TEST (NET).